From Dr. Mercola’s 9 Amazing Health Benefits of Cucumbers
- Cucumbers are made up of 95 percent water, making them an ideal hydrating and cooling food
- Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in your brain health
- Cucumbers also contain polyphenols called lignans, which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers
- Cucumber extract helps reduce unwanted inflammation, in part by inhibiting the activity of pro-inflammatory enzymes (including cyclo-oxygenase 2, or COX-2)
- Cucumbers are low in calories and high in fiber, which makes them useful for both weight loss and digestive health
From the Berry Health Benefits Network
Red Raspberries contain strong antioxidants such as Vitamin C, quercetin and gallic acid that fight against cancer, heart and circulatory disease and age-related decline. They are high in ellagic acid, a known chemopreventative, and have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.